Which Will be Your Pick? BMW or Mercedes Benz
BMW and Mercedes Benz are two of the biggest names in the automobile industry. Both these names have gone head to head against each other in almost all sections including low range, mid-range and high end cars. So here we are going to pit various segment cars from both these brands against each other and see which one comes out on top.
BMW 3 Series vs Mercedes Benz C Class
- Appearance Both BMW 3 Series and Mercedes Benz look phenomenal. However there are fundamental differences in their designs. Mercedes Benz C Class seems much bulkier in comparison and features a length of 4686mm, a width of 2020mm and a height of 1442mm. BMW 3 Series on the other hand is much sleeker with beautiful character lines on the side. Dimensionally BMW 3 Series comes with a length of 4824mm, a width of 2047mm and a height of 1508mm.
Both the cars have plenty of color choices to pick from. BMW 3 Series have 6 color options including black sapphire, alpine white, glacier silver and arctic grey brilliant effect. Mercedes Benz C Class on the other hand is available in the single color of Polar white. Both these brands produce expensive cars but customers can avail second hand vehicles including a used BMW 7 Series in Delhi.
- Engine Under the hood both the cars look phenomenal in terms of engine strength and also the numbers they carry. The BMW 3 Series comes with a diesel engine with 2 litre capacity that holds a displacement of 1995cc using four cylinders of four valves each. The engine as a result gives away 184bhp power at 4000rpm along twisting away 380Nm torque at 1750 to 2750rpm. The engine works with an 8 speed automatic transmission system with a Rear wheel drive setup.
Mercedes Benz C Class comes with a 2.2 litre 16V In-line engine that has a displacement of 2143cc giving away 204bhp power at 3800rpm along with a torque of 500Nm at 1600 to 1800rpm. The engine works with four cylinder of four valves each and comes backed by a 9 speed automatic transmission system. Here too we see a rear wheel drive setup.
- Performance When it comes to performance, both the sedans offer decent performance in terms of mileage and speed. The BMW 3 Series can go from 0 to 100kmph in a span of 7.9 seconds and reach a top speed of 226kmph. The top speed for Mercedes Benz C Class is 247kmph which is quicker than the BMW 3 Series while the former can cross the 100kmph barrier in just 6.6 seconds. As far as mileage goes both the cars are pretty much at par.
We are not looking at the second part of the competition between BMW and Mercedes Benz, that happen to be two of the biggest brands in the automobile industry. Previously we looked at a low to mid range vehicle for both the brands but now we would be taking up the two high end cars in the form of Mercedes Benz 7 Series and Mercedes Benz S Class. Let us compare the two luxury cars and see which one comes out on top in terms of engine and performance.
- Appearance With vehicles that fall in the price range of such mammoth proportions, you are bound to get stunning cars and both the coupe do not disappoint. BMW 7 series features that signature twin kidney grille on the front and has a beautiful front fascia with sharp looking alloy wheels. This is a big car and the dimensions of the car justify the same with the BMW 7 series featuring a length of 5219mm, a width of 2142mm and a height of 1481mm.
Mercedes Benz S Class is equally emphatic though with beautiful taillights and an elegant front fascia. In terms of dimensions the luxury car comes with a length of 5246mm, a width of 2130mm and a height of 1494mm. BMW 7 Series does offer a lot more color options including black sapphire, cashmere silver, mineral white, jatoba and imperial blue brilliant effect. Mercedes Benz S Class on the other hand is a lot more limited with it color choices. Its color options include metallic obsidian black, iridium silver metallic, palladium silver metallic and polar white.
- Engine The high end cars are always big on engine which is expected when you pay such a heavy price. However buying used BMW 7 Series in Delhi is certainly going to be a less costly affair. Under the hood, BMW 7 Series comes with a 3 litre 24V Diesel engine that has a displacement of 2993cc and is loaded on 6 cylinders of four valves each. Maximum power generated by the engine is 265bhp at 4000rpm and whereas maximum torque twisted away is 620Nm at 1500 to 2500rpm. Working with an All wheel drive setup, the engine uses as 8 speed automatic transmission system. Top speed for the car is 250kmph whereas the 100kmph barrier is crossed in just 6.2 seconds.
Mercedes Benz S Class uses a 3 litre V Type diesel engine that garners a 2987cc displacement. The engine uses 6 cylinders of four valves each and returns 254.79bhp power at 3600rpm and 620Nm torque at 1600 to 2400rpm. Here we see a 7 speed automatic transmission system with a rear wheel drive setup. The top speed of the S Class is 250kmph which is the same as 7 Series from BMW while it’s a tad slower in reaching the 100kmph mark with just 6.8 seconds.
We now come onto the final episode of our battle between automobile giants including BMW and Mercedes Benz. So far we have looked at the luxury coupe’s of the two brands while this time it is time for us to look at the two SUV’s of the brands. On one side we have the BMW X1 while on the other there is the formidable Mercedes Benz GLA Class. So let us compare the two without wasting any more time.
- Looks BMW X1 looks as sophisticated as they come with an upright front stance that has strong character lines and features modern looking headlight cluster. The signature twin kidney grille at the front of the car gives it that extra appeal that car lovers would really appreciate. When it comes to dimensions the SUV features a length of 4439mm, a width of 2060mm and a height of 1612mm. Mercedes Benz GLA Class is equally spectacular with a more edgier appearance especially with the alloy wheels that really accentuates the beauty of the side profile. In terms of dimensions the SUV comes with a length of 4417mm, a width of 2022mm and a height of 1494mm.
Both the SUVs have limited options in terms of number of color choices with the BMW X1 offering 3 options and Mercedes Benz GLA Class 4. BMW X1 comes in shades of black sapphire, glacier silver and mineral white whereas Mercedes Benz GLA Class is available in colors of Jupiter red, cirrus white, cosmos black and mountain grey.
As impressive as they seem, their price tags are also steep. However customers can afford a used BMW 7 Series in Delhi for a much lower price.
- Engine Under the hood, BMW X1 comes with a 2 litre diesel engine that has four cylinders of four valves each and works with a displacement of 1995cc. Maximum power churned out by the car is 190bhp at 4000rpm while torque twisted away is 400Nm at 1750 to 2500rpm. The engine is synched with an 8 speed automatic transmission system along with an all-wheel drive setup. Mercedes Benz GLA Classs however manages to overtake the British automaker with a 2143cc diesel engine that has a capacity of 2.2 litre and uses four cylinders of four valves each. The engine chucks 168bhp power at 3400 to 4000rpm whereas the torque given away is 350Nm at 1400 to 3400rpm. The transmission system used here has 7 gears whereas the drive setup is All wheel.
- Performance Both these SUVs are super quick with the Mercedes Benz GLA Class reaching the 100kmph mark in a span of 7.7 seconds whereas it can hit a top speed of 205kmph. BMW X1 on the other hand is slightly quicker and can hit a top speed of 219kmph while reaching the 100kmph mark from a standstill in just 7.6 seconds.